- Low-cost Nordic airline Primera Air has launched its new transatlantic routes from London Stansted Airport to New York, Boston, Toronto and Washington DC.
- The carrier is marking the launch with a £99 one-way flight sale.
- 396 fares, 99 for each of the four North American destinations, will be available to buy online from 9 a.m. on Thursday March 22.
- You’d better be quick.
The latest Nordic airline to start selling cheap transatlantic flights is one you’ve probably never heard of.
Low-cost carrier Primera Air will begin operating new routes to New York, Boston, Toronto, and Washington DC from London Stansted this April — and it’s marking the launch with a flash sale.
The airline is offering 99 one-way fares for £99 for each of the four North American destinations — so 396 fares in total — valid for travel between April 19 and December 9 this year.
The tickets go on sale at 9 a.m. next Thursday (March 22), and the airline says it “predicts they’ll sell out in minutes” — so you’d better be quick.
No other commercial airline currently serves North America from Stansted.
- New York (EWR) From April 19: Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr, Sa, Su
- Boston (BOS) From May 18: Mo, We, Fr, Su
- Washington D.C. From August 22: We, Th, Sa
- Toronto (YYZ) From May 19: Tu, Th, Sa
In true budget airline fashion, seat selection, checked luggage, and meals will all incur additional costs.
Customers can book five tiers of fare classes — Light, Comfort, Flex, Premium, or Premium Flex.
The £99 fares come under a “Light” package, which includes just your seat and 10kg hand luggage.
A “Comfort” deal gets you a 23kg checked bag and priority seating, while a Flex gets you all of that plus a meal.
“Premium” and “Premium Flex” offer versions of this with extra legroom, a better meal, and more options in terms of booking changes.
There will be Wi-Fi access (for an extra fee) and onboard charging points, but no in-flight entertainment options, so you’ll want to bring something to amuse yourselves.
For those that don’t manage to snap up the bargain £99 fares, these routes are now available to book online for travel from April onwards from £149 one-way.
The launch of the new routes represent Primera’s debut in the UK market, but it has operated in Northern Europe for 14 years.